Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I keep wanting to call it Huggieland

Are any of you like me? Do you choose to shop late at night when the kiddies are in bed? It’s a great plan, because you can shop, think, compare prices and maybe even use coupons as you load up the grocery cart.

The only drawback is that by the time I get my list together, which is actually much easier now that I use the e-mealz website (button below), I am either giving up precious quiet time with my husband, or if it is really late, my sleep...which is equally precious.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

I’ve recently discovered a way to shop in peace during the daylight hours. I can’t believe I walked by our Kroger’s Hugslieland numerous times without even noticing it. I just want to make sure you aren’t doing the same...because it has really been working out well for me.

Our Kroger store and many others (hopefully one near you…check their website), has a childcare center for potty trained kids ages 3 and up. Lily actually begs me to go there now...even over Tom Thumb’s TV Karts.

Even though Jade isn’t old enough to go yet, I find it much easier to concentrate on my shopping with just one kid who is content to be strapped in the cart. The 4 year old who wants to run up and down the aisles putting random items in the buggy is happily corralled in Hugslieland.

The play center has a good security system and they can just page you over the intercom if you are needed. Better yet, they have video monitors throughout the store that give you a peek at what your child is doing as you shop.

Ours is open 10-7 seven days a week and is completely free. As long as Lily enjoys going there, I will enjoy shopping during daylight versus twilight when, although it is quiet, you are often tripping over the stocker’s pallets as they work.

Visit Rocks in my Dryer for more Works for Me Wednesday tips.

17 comments:

Rachelle said...

Do they take 33 year olds? Phil often runs up and down the isles putting random things in my cart as well.....I must find something to do with him......If they have Guitar Hero in there I just may be able to get him to go in without a ring-tail-fit!

Laura said...

NO WAY!!!! When is Walmart and Target gonna catch on to this idea?

R said...

crazy! i saw this at ikea, but i didn't know other stores were doing it.

Anonymous said...

Are you serious?!!! My Kroger definitely does not have that, but now I will begin trying ever Kroger within a 30 mile radius to find one that does!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

wow...really? We don't even have TV carts yet. They must start all sorts of fun things in Texas before bringing them North!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Mine are older now, but this is so cool!
It's about time!
-Kim

Sara@iSass said...

NO way! I wish we had that! I now go with one of the kids while the other is at school. Drawbacks for both. Butter is 6 and wants to "help". She cant' read yet, and can't see over the cart bar to watch where she is pushing it. I end up getting mad when I go with her. Roo (4) as long as we get a carcart where he can sit in it and looks like hes driving it and gets a free cookie (depending on the store) he does well. But those carts are hard of push. We need something like this here!!!

Christina said...

that is such a great idea! thanks for letting me know about that!

Kristi said...

What a wonderful idea!!! Do they take husbands too??? LOL

Denise said...

Wow, we just got a new Kroger Marketplace & they don't have that....my 3 yr old would LOVE it.

Unknown said...

We don't have THAT good of a Kroger :)

Your comment about Luke's pic made me laugh! And yes, he does have good balance - a little too "athletic" for his own good.

Heather said...

No fair! Ours doesn't do this!

Sharon said...

Wow, I'm going to have to see if any of our stores are doing this. What a great idea.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you can get the grease spots out of your clothing. I know it sounds crazy...but it really does work. :-)

Growin' With It said...

are ya serious? now why didn't they have those around when my boys were toddlers? i'm wondering too how they keep up with all the times kids are beggin for stuff off the shelves, now that they're not in the cart? hopefully your budget is going good too!

The Raggedy Girl said...

That is the most amazing thing I have ever heard of. And your Lily likes it too. I will go visit your recommended blog. Thank you.
Roberta Anne

Mamajil said...

THIS IS PRETTY COOL!!
However no Krogers in my neck of the woods...drats!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I use to shop at night but now lately I am too tired. Plus my kids are older now so I can do it doing the day!
I loved those play areas!
-sandy toe

Related Posts with Thumbnails