Friday, March 6, 2009

Dear Mr. Asplundh Operator,

Dear Mr. Asplundh Operator,
Your tree shredding machine, although parked a good two blocks away from my house, produces noises that can pretty much only be described as deafening. I am sure that is why all of your guys wear industrial strength ear plugs. Had I only known of this loud interruption, maybe I would have borrowed some for my daughters' ears. I'd like to suggest that you move your lunch break to 1:00 PM...and then extend it all the way until 3 or 4 PM. That way, maybe my children could actually take a nap...an uninterrupted, non-interval sort of nap. The kind of nap that lasts all afternoon.

That goes for you too, Mr. Delivery Truck Driver, City Utility Repair Man, Neighbor Lawn Service Guy, Garbage Man (with your squeaky truck), and Recycled Materials Collector(who likes to throw our bins around on the pavement). We like to shut things down around here from 1-4 PM daily. So please abstain from making such frightening loud noises during these hours.

Sincerely,
Cranky Mama

12 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

So with you on this as I often have often stubbed a toe or two trying to get to the door before the UPS man rings--four times!!! Tear outside to yell at the dogs who are barking at the water meter reader. Nap time is holy and not to be messed with!!!

Have A Really Fun Friday
from Roberta Anne

Becca said...

I think we should just have siestas in this country like in every other (smart) country!!! I also love an afternoon nap sometimes and yesterday, my phone rang twice in the 30 minutes I set aside to nap!

Jennifer said...

So with you on this! Do they not remember having kids and how sacred nap time is????

Melissa :) said...

Oh gosh this kind of stuff aggrivates the dickens out of me! Mine (& me too) sleep with fans on (box fans = noise producers - fans face wall) & radios. Anything to drown out noise! Ugh!

jennifer said...

Oh how I wish I could send this letter to the guy who BLOWS HIS DRIVEWAY EVERY DAY during nap time.

Or to the lady who revs her HARLEY past our bedroom window at the crack of dawn. Yep. I said "Lady".

I feel 'ya.

Jackie said...

Oh! I feel your pain! For me...well, I'm with Jennifer...we seem to have a huge surplus of motorcycles in our neighborhood...and they always choose naptime to rev it up as loudly as possible. Makes me so mad.

Wilson Family said...

LOL... a link. That was funny. I totally feel you though. What about those people who are from the poor areas of the united states traveling around to try to get people to buy magazines that you NEVER recieve... I get soooo irritated with them, because (well one because we always do it because Darin feels bad for them) but mostly because they will ring the doorbell until you answer if there is a car in the driveway or any sign that you might be home. UGH! Really I get irritated at anyone who comes to my door ringing the bell at naptime. I realize not all have kids and I never would have thought of all these concerns before having my own... but seriously unwarrented or not I am totally with you! Ok, sorry that was a post all in itself!

Christina said...

in our neighborhood we don't get to choose the time they do the mass front lawn cut...it always fell on the days my mlaw had makenna. every afternoon she would get woken up by them. now they live in argyle and she sleeps in peace!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Too funny! Could you please write a letter for my neighborhood visitors?

Growin' With It said...

oh goodness, i sure remember those days. i had a friend who made a sweet sign that she hung on her door during nap time. mr. ups responded well!!

Jamie said...

Ugh! That can be so frustrating. Nap time is a precious time needed for both mom and kiddos.

Anonymous said...

Kerry this is hilarious. And bless your heart for keeping up the nap. We surely did until they were five and a half. :) ISn't it worth it! Love your roman shades.

Hey, I'm doing a Win It Wednesday Giveaway! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails