Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sushi at 9:30 PM? Not a good idea.

My hubby got a fantastic job offer yesterday, so celebration was in order. Celebration = ice cream with some sort of candy bar on top of it. It was late and when I got to the ice cream store I realized I hadn't even eaten dinner. I had just turned in some paperwork from my part-time-make-this-stay-at-home-mom-crazy-job, and dinner just hadn't happened for me.

The trendy sushi restaurant next door beckoned me. Were they even still open? I walked over and to my surprise they were open. Completely empty, but open. So in no time I had a sushi roll and some tempura to go in one hand and an ice cream for the hubs in the other one.

Hubby was eying my sushi and I didn't even offer him a bite. Lucky him. He wasn't eyeing me so closely, rather gathering the girls and running far away when the sushi decided early this morning it would rather be swimming in my toilet than in my stomach.

Ugh! And I have eaten there several times with no issue...my sister even raves about it and she could be just about the pickiest person I know ...especially about where she eats her sushi.

So Jerry has Jade quarantined but Lily is curious, so I am now joined by her at the sushi's new home.

L-Mommy, why are you spitting up? Did you eat something bad? I bet you ate some grass. Dogs eat grass when they feel bad. Did you eat some grass?

M-Uh, no. I didn't. Where is your father? Can you please go be with Daddy while I am sick?

I was just surprised she didn't ask me if I was pregnant or something. Although I'm sure she wasn't aware of the havoc she wreaked on my stomach the first 20 weeks of her little life, she definitely remembers the first 17 weeks of Jade being in my tummy. She would even imitate me by going to the toilet and making gagging noises. Great. Just the noise would send me running.

So it was Lily's last day of MDO today, and by golly...she was going to make it there. So in between vomiting episodes I got myself and the girls out the door to school. Thank goodness for the drop off line. I looked awful and probably smelled even worse.

I figured Jade would take a nice long nap while mommy recovered and flushed the fish away. Is this some sort of payback for being a tadpole murderer? Anyway, I got her down and decided to lay myself down too. Lily's MDO program is only 3 hours long, so I even set my cell phone alarm just in case Jader-Tater really snoozed. Ha! 30 minutes later she was WIDE awake and ready for play time. Every other morning this week she has napped for at least 1.5 hours or longer.

Sometimes I just don't get God's sense of humor.

Thank goodness my husband gets mine.

He e-mailed me this afternoon regarding his new job:

Hey Kerry,

I hope that you are in a deep sleep right now and that the girls are as well!!!

I'm going to respond to this e-mail, letting him know that I accept the position.

Jerry


Hee. Hee. Hee.

Tired babies make awful nappers. No one was sleeping this afternoon in our house. So I kindly replied:

j tcau,l b;'AX2Z

THAT was jade typing........

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha about sleeping children..........sleeping children? where? not in this house. i am zonked and still haven't eaten anything but crackers.

i'd really like to rest when you get here so i can do bedtime routine w/the girls tonight while you kick it back in front of LOST.

And that's exactly what happened. I fell into a such a deep sleep for nearly two hours...I think I even drooled on my pillow. Disgusting and beautiful all at the same time.

Even more beautiful that I didn't trip down the stairs due to the toys strewn all over the stairway and elsewhere. I didn't even care though...two kids were fed and ready for bed. And one hubby was ready for LOST.

It's late now and I really haven't eaten...but you can be sure that the only thing I'll be reaching for tonight are some saltine crackers.

P.S. Thank you for your well wishes and prayers for Charlie. I plan to post an update on him soon. It seems like things are drastically up and then down again...prayers definitely still appreciated.

11 comments:

Christina said...

oh i feel your pain...from the caregiver side. makenna has a terrible stomach virus and has been vomiting and Dia. i am so sorry you are sick. that just stinks! congrats to jerry on his new job offer. is he still teaching?

Colored With Memories said...

Poor Makenna. I'm not sure which is worse caregiving or having it. Both awful.

Jerry's new title is "Volunteer and Communications Director". It is at private school, but no teaching.

THE ZELLERS said...

I never would have known you felt sick yesterday morning...you looked great through the car window! Hope you keep feeling better and better!

Fun Fit Mom Stephanie said...

What new job did Jerry get?

Fun Fit Mom Stephanie said...

Oh...there I saw his new job! does he have to work in the summer?

R said...

I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well! Ice cream with candy on top says "celebration" to me, too. :0)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I'll definitely drop back by!

Alana said...

Okay, how cute was that little message from Jade. A blogger in training...love it.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Christina said...

oh yes! banana slip and slide all the way!

Tricia Hoffmann said...

Sorry I've been gone for so long! I hope you are feeling better. That is never fun. Yet another reason I stay away from uncooked fish!!!!

Jackie said...

You poor thing! Feeling better?

My2Gs said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog :) We had a great time on vacation. It was hard doing the 12+ hour trip with a 10 month old. Our 3 year old did fabulous though. We only had a couple instances of Gauge eating sand :) Overall it was a great time. I'll be blogging about it soon, so check back. <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails