I am a stay at home mom who is trying to remain humored by the material my little girls provide me with on a daily basis.
What else? Let's see...I love sneaking quiet moments with my hubby, could go antique shopping every day, and enjoy gardening...even pulling the weeds!
I have recently been diagnosed with a couple of brain tumors-an acoustic neuroma and a meningioma. Thankfully both are benign, just large and not very fun to remove. I haven't blogged for a while, but am reviving it to post prayer requests and updates on my health in a manner that friends can access easily. Thanks for following along!
(I apologize for the poor quality of these pics...they are pre-digital and I didn't want to take them out of my wedding album to scan...just envision me holding a huge, awkward, and heavy wedding album at an odd angle over our scanner...that is why there are only TWO.)
(if you squint, you'll see: Bonnie, Rachelle (of With One Step), Sandi (Jerry's sis), Kelly (my sis), me, Jerry, Mike (who just got married), Eric, Scott and Dave.) ******************************************************* 10 years ago today, I outmarried myself. Everyone in my family would agree about that statement. I have said it a hundred times and I'm sure I'll say it hundred more, but I swear that my mom loves my husband more than she loves me. I don't blame her, I love Jerry more than I love myself too.
In honor of ten wonderful years with you, Jerry, here is a list of ten reasons I'd say "I do" all over again.
1. You love by action. You are a doer of love. You show me over and over again with every little and big way that you serve me and the girls.
2. You are selfless. It is obvious to anyone that has been around us that you put the me and the girls ahead of yourself time and time again.
3. You are a gentle leader. You don't beat us over the head with what the Lord is teaching you, but gently remind us at timely moments.
4. You accept my apologies with true forgiveness.
5. You are reliable and keeper of your word. I can count on you for whatever you promise.
6. You are a planner. Whether it is a vacation, a family event or just a night out, I can always count on you to have a fantastic plan in store.
7. You come from an amazing family...what a wonderful set of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins our girls have been blessed with.
8. You are wise with your words and can often make sense out of a situation when no one else can.
9. You have an excellent work ethic and are a good provider for our family.
10. You are a hands on and engaging daddy to our precious girls...Lily and Jade...the sweetest gifts yet of this blessed union.
(Pictures of Lily should be up later...she's been at a friend's house all afternoon, but I've got my camera and veil ready for her return.)
I love you and so do they. Looking very forward to our upcoming anniversary trip. Happy 10th, sweetheart!