Monday, January 26, 2009

Honest Scrap and other blog awards

I've had a couple of fellow blogging gals pass along some fun little awards to me lately and I am very delinquent in sending them on their way. Forgive me for that and a couple of tags that I've failed to complete also.

Where does the time go? As I finished putting away way too much laundry today I pondered the thought of our family going naked for a few weeks so I could get caught up. That wouldn't be a pretty sight around here, but it is still tempting.

Anyway, I'd like to spread the love and finally pass these awards on today.

I'll start with the least delinquent one that Lacie gave to me last week. I'm supposed to list 10 honest things about myself- and make it interesting, even if I have to dig deep. Then I need to pass the award on to 5 bloggers that I feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Hmm...interesting? I'm going to go with more random, little known facts.

1. I am a number freak. I have the ability to remember random dates and numbers from when I was a kid...dates of friend's birthdays from long ago, hymn numbers, even my first childhood phone number.

2. I lose my keys at least twice weekly. Last week I "lost" them in my car and had to miss Lily's swim lesson (thankfully we made it up later).

3. I've moved 7 times in the past 10 years.

4. Elvis Presley died on my first birthday.

5. I am somehow related to "Buffalo Bill" Cody. I need to track down the details. Mom?

6. I am deathly afraid of swimming pool drains.

7. I wore glasses one day in 5th grade and then conveniently "lost" them. Was blind for two years before talking my mom into getting me contacts in 7th grade.

8. I am so blind that I once took a shower surrounded by ants and didn't even know it until Jerry got in after me and freaked out when he saw them.

9. I only put my makeup on in the car. So if you come to my door before I've driven anywhere...you will see one pale face in need of lipstick.

10. In junior high I used to let my best friend iron my hair...like with a real iron on the ironing board. Stupid.

I'd love to hear some Honest Scrap from Amy, Jennifer R., Janet , Raggedy Girl, and Jennifer.

Thank you, Carolina Mama, for awarding me this next one that I get to share with 8 bloggers whose blogs show an "Investment and belief in proximity - nearness of space, time and relationships".
I'd like to award it to Laura, Tammy, Michelle, Kristi, Gwendolyn, Sara, Debbie, and Lisa.

And Jackie was so sweet to give me this cute one that I'm passing on to Rachelle...she's the one that got me into this whole blogging mess to begin with...and FaceBook as well.


I'm surprised my husband still likes her. Obviously he does since he now also blogs and FaceBooks too.

Thanks ladies...I enjoy stopping by all of your blogs and hope you have a fun time passing these along.

12 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Thank you for the great list. EEK ANTS!
I am now off to work on my list.
Have a great Monday
Roberta Anne

Shelby-Grace said...

Hey, thanks so much:) My first award! I enjoy reading your thoughts and fun stories! They make me smile:) Especially your list. I can't imagine how many ants were showering along with you! Too funny!

Anyway, thanks again for the award, and hope your having a great day!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the award! I loved reading your list of 10 random, little known things - I didn't realize we had so much in common.
Hope you guys are doing well and hope you are surviving the cold weather :-). Oh, and I can't believe your Gap card giveaway drew 119 comments!! Wow!

Colored With Memories said...

okay michelle...now i'm left wondering what random things we have in common...do tell!

Laura said...

Kerry, thanks so much for the award! M-wah!

Lisa said...

Thanks Kerry! My first award:)

Kristi said...

Congratulations on all of your well deserved awards! Thank you for sharing with me. You are a blessing!

jennifer said...

Thanks for the award!!!

Your list looks very familiar. I only put makeup on in the car too! how funny!

Sara@iSass said...

I loved your scrap list. I'm THAT blind too. I don't like pool drains either, or tub, I saw Jaws when I was like 4 and I was deathly afraid jaws would come out of the drain. We had a little girl named Abby die here last year because she sat on a kiddie pool drain and it sucked out her insides. The parents won the lawsuit and helped write a law that fixes the design on pool drains. It was a very sad story, but a reminder that you most anyways keep a watchful eye...in our case we need to make sure our glasses are near or we could end up pushing an old person in a wheel chair home instead of our kid in the stoller! HA!
Thanks for the award you sweet thing!

Growin' With It said...

score on all these awards! and for letting someone iron your hair...literally...you deserve more awards!

Jane Anne said...

What a fun list! I stopped by after you started following my blog. Thanks for that and for entering my Starbucks giveaway.

Let's see, the first one that stands out that we have in common is moving. I have lived in 5 states in the last 10 years but we had 2 additional moves in one of those states... so 7 moves. (My hubby was in the Army and got out about a year and a half ago.)

Jennifer said...

Hey Kerry!

Thanks for the award. I am working on my list and will let you know when I figure out some interesting things about myself! :)

Jenn

Related Posts with Thumbnails