Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow Day: Round Two

Well, we've now had two March snow days within 72 hours. That wouldn't be so odd if there hadn't of been a near 70 degree day in between.

I realize two posts about the weather within one week is really pushing it. But I have NEVER seen snow chunks come out of the sky quite like this. It was like little snow balls falling straight from heaven. Seriously, it was one of those days when you picked up the phone just to call a friend and say, "Are you seeing this?"

I tried to take some pictures, but my camera just isn't doing them justice. Here are my attempts though:


Notice in the top left corner of the picture above that our Bradford Pear tree is blooming...it just isn't supposed to snow in March!

Lily was in her room "napping" when this was all going on, but since she was having a hard time falling asleep, I decided to let her in on the white stuff falling outside her window. She was excited:




















Thankfully daddy got home soon and she was able to play in it. Their snowman could have used some help (it's watermelon mouth kept falling off), but they had fun:

















Call me old, but I just didn't feel like getting cold and wet. Jade and I enjoyed watching them from the warm indoors. I love watching Lily interact with Jerry like that. He gets her so riled up...then I'm the meanie saying, okay, let's calm down, time for dinner, etc. Here she is giving her daddy a high five. They are congratulating each other for putting their cold hands on mommy's back. This is what he does to my little girl! What if we had boys?



Don't you love the rainbow legwarmers, pull-up, and snowflake shirt combo? Nothing but class around here.

It is so fun observing our neighborhood on these rare snow days. I love seeing everyone come out of their houses to play with their kids. Life goes at such a fast pace, that often we don't see the people who live within 30 feet of us. I guess with high temps predicted for today, we all felt like we should get out and enjoy it while we could. I wish I had that sense of urgency more often about the important things in life. Another observation I had today was how I love the look of clean white snow. Even the cleanest whitest car or house looks dirty when it is covered with snow. I guess that is what the Psalmist meant when he said, "Wash me and I will be whiter than snow." Only Jesus can get us that clean!

The 4 or 5 inches of snow even made our yard look pristine. You can't tell that it is full of weeds and in desperate need of a mowing. This was before anyone walked in it. Do you remember that feeling as a kid when someone else walked through YOUR snow? Horrifying!


My mom commented that she was surprised I hadn't had Jade out in the snow yet. So, here you go, MOM! I snapped this quickly on our way out to her Kindermusik class this morning. Can you tell I've been into polka dots lately?


What is this white stuff? Only one way to find out...I'll eat some!



Hmm...not bad, cold, but not bad!

It's not gonna hurt my waistline, so sure, I'll have some more!


I promise not to post about the weather again. Promise! Anyways, I'm ready for the weather not to be the news for a day. Channel 4 keeps saying...watch us when the WEATHER IS THE NEWS! Please! "WINTER STORM 2008 coverage is continuing!"...No, please not during Oprah...and again this morning during GMA! I'm sure any Northern transplants to our area are really laughing at us.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Phil and I think you have had just as much, if not more snow in Dallas this year as we have had in Lancaster County! OH - and we love that Jerry and Lily love to torment you with the cold hands....

Tricia Hoffmann said...

I also couldn't believe how big those snow flakes were!

Tricia Hoffmann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails