Friday, February 6, 2009

My In-laws...Two weekends...IN A ROW...

We have spent the last two weekends with my in-laws. And I'm not bitter. Or even irritated.

I'm actually sad they aren't coming around this weekend. They are out of town, visiting their real daughter, so don't think I'm brown nosing...I'm sure they won't be reading this.

I am super blessed to have married a guy with such great parents. They are kind, helpful, generous and wise. And their son is all of those things too. *grin*
(I finally found a halfway decent pic of the six of us...at Disney World in December)

They live a couple of hours away, so it is odd to have them around two weekends in a row. First we froze at Fan Fest and most recently we ventured to the stock show and rodeo. The last time we had all gone to the rodeo together was over ten years ago, when Jerry and I were engaged.

It was much more fun this time...mainly because we had a couple of extra cowgirls along with us.


Lily wearing her hat proudly.


There really is a baby under that ten gallon hat on the right. Remember when they donned these hats for the first time? Some of my favorite pictures...ever.

Here is my little Jade.

All was well until we were offered the chance to pet and hold a 2 week old baby goat.


This was Lily's reaction. You'd think she'd just seen the poor thing murder someone. Her fear was completely genuine. I have no clue.

After looking through many of the barns, it was time for a little rodeo.


Before it even started the girls were spoiled with cotton candy and stuffed ponies. Memmy and Paw are always looking out for their girls.

Then the lights went out for the rodeo parade.


I'm not sure who looks more scared, Jade or her pony.

We had a great time...here are a few more shots of the day.

Y'all have a good weekend now...ya hear? Oh, and feel free to leave some praise for your in-laws in the comments...I'm not alone in loving mine...am I?

17 comments:

WillowLakeScents said...

Nope ~ you're not alone ! I LOVE my in-laws !! Don't know what I'd do without them !!

Rach@In His Hands said...

What a blast!!! I've never been to a rodeo...but it looks like fun! Your girls are too precious in their pink hats.

My in-laws are fabulous. It's sad because we live about 15 hours from them....but when we do get together, it's wonderful.

Kristi said...

What fun! We use to raise Boar goats...and we had lots of little one. They are so cute...well as far as goats go. Your little rodeo princesses are just adorable. Have a wonderful weekend!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Kerry:
How nice that you like your in-laws, that is a blessing and what fun it looked like you had. Not sure about Lilly and Jade as they looked pretty shocked at the animals. Great family photos and the slide show is very clever.
Roberta Anne

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have such cute little girls and what fun the rodeo looks like!
I have a wonderful Mother-in-law too. What a blessing that is. My Father-in-law passed away when my hubby was only 18 so I never got to meet him, but I've heard what fun he was.

Mocha with Linda said...

Fun pics and special memories. And I love my in-laws, also!

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog!

Lisa Smith said...

I love my in-laws too...My MIL has boundless energy and is the best hostess ever. I learn so much from her.

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I can't believe I missed entering that Gap giveaway!!! I'll surely be back.

Lisa Smith said...

I love my in-laws too...My MIL has boundless energy and is the best hostess ever. I learn so much from her.

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I can't believe I missed entering that Gap giveaway!!! I'll surely be back.

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun! The pics are great!

Shelby-Grace said...

That looked like it was so much fun! My little one has a pink cowgirl hat too...and boots to match. I guess she'll be ready if we ever move down South:)

Brenda Susan said...

Hi, what a cute family of cowpeople!! Thanks for coming by my blog & leaving the kind comment. I'll be back to yours also!

jennifer said...

i have an award for you at my blog today!

xoxo!

Chelle' said...

I heart you Kerry. I just wanted to stop by to tell you that. :-)

Unknown said...

Jade's and the pony's big eyes - priceless!!

The baby goat is adorable. I'd have one if they stayed that small, kinda like a kitten

Your disney pic is more than "halfway decent." Really good, as are all the others from this post!

And thanks for the sweet comments about my attitude. And that 4D ultrasound was my first. They didn't offer them for free before, as this one was.

R Alexander said...

Unfortunately since I married late in life, my in-laws passed away before we were married,so I didn't get the pleasure of knowing them, but I know yours and they certainly are jewels!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

That goat pic is hilarious and all the pics are darling. :)

My in-laws are very, very sweet. Don't see them often, tho, because they live in Philly.

Jackie said...

Oh, I love hearing you brag a little about your in-laws. I think that is so awesome. I love my in-laws, but I am really sad because Ric's dad doesn't speak much English and I don't speak much Spanish, so we smile a lot at each other. But he's the sweetest thing.

Don't think I've ever seen 2 cuter cowgirls.

Oh, and in the pic of the 6 of you, you are lookin' fabulous, girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails