Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bless her heart and bless their tummies

We made a quick trip to the park on Monday when my mom was up for a visit. I was hoping to talk some ducks into eating some of our old bread, but either it was too cold, too windy, or perhaps their tummies were still full from the weekend.


The duck feeding plan was aborted. Thankfully there was a tire apparatus and a wobbly wooden bridge to entertain the girls instead.



With the high being 80 today, I thought we'd shoot for another park and maybe actually get rid of the now moldy bread that has been riding around in the van.

We had no problem enticing the ducks.


When Lily ran out of bread, she quickly began pestering other little kids for some of theirs. Bless her heart. When that didn't work she offered the ducks grass, sticks, stones, and finally wood chips from the playground. And seeing that they had trusted her hand for some tasty bread just moments earlier, many of them ate the wood chips. I put a stop to it quickly, but bless their little tummies.

And while you're blessing tummies, please bless Jade's. She ate a bit of moldy bread...and not from the bag, but rather from the turd laden pond side. Nice.

8 comments:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Wow, "She ate a bit of moldy bread...and not from the bag, but rather from the turd laden pond side. Nice." This is one of those sentances that reeks of literary awards! Ick! =)

I sure hope she has a good night!

Sara@iSass said...

80???
WAH!
Have you ever been goosed?
While feeding them, I mean.
Where you are squating down feeding the nice geese and duckies and from out of NOwhere a goose chomps down on your hinie?
That ever happen?
It does here. We got fresh ducks.

Growin' With It said...

as i was reading this i was grinning thinking about how my boys would have bread in both hands...one shoving it into their mouths and the other handed out to the ducks. stale bread...blech. moldy bread off the ground...oh you poor mommy!!!

Alana said...

This post made me smile, until the end...that kind of made me nauseous ;-)

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I needed that!

Unknown said...

I wish I could tell Luke about this, and he could understand, why we don't eat off the floor/ground. But he just doesn't care.

Perfect example, sweet Jade! I'm so sorry!!

Jackie said...

Oh, Jade and Savannah would hit it off in the eating-moldy-bread department....she did the same thing the other day when we took her to the duck pond, except it was out of the bag, and not the turd-laden pond. You, my friend, are hysterical.

Wilson Family said...

LOL... That park with the turd laden pond is really close to our old house. Miss that park, and its turds!You are so funny! Sometimes I have to read some of your posts to Darin. We have to get together again sometime soon! I hope things start going a bit smoother with Lily:)

Wilson Family said...

LOL... That park with the turd laden pond is really close to our old house. Miss that park, and its turds!You are so funny! Sometimes I have to read some of your posts to Darin. We have to get together again sometime soon! I hope things start going a bit smoother with Lily:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails