Monday, October 27, 2008

My daughter really IS well rounded

We were traveling on one of the main roads through town when suddenly all the cars came to an unexpected halt. Lily has always been fascinated by traffic, so I wasn't surprised when she started commenting about it.

L-Mommy, there sure is a lot of traffic.

K-Yep, lots of cars on the road today. I wonder where they are all going.

L-Probably either to Old Donalds or Chick-n-Play.

K-Really? What makes you think that?

L-Because those are the only places we go.

K-Really? We don't go to pre-school, church, the bank, the doctor's office, the post office, the library, the grocery store, music class, kids club or anywhere else?

L-No. Only O'Donalds and Chick-n-Play.

I'm sure the grandparents are really impressed. We probably eat 19 out of 21 meals at home weekly. And the two times we eat out are rarely at those places.

Maybe she's tired of my cooking and trying to drop a hint. Oh and those aren't some weird knock off restaurants, those are her names for McDonalds and Chick-Fil-A.

What have the little voices in your car been saying lately? Visit Mary @ Not Before 7 and let everyone know on Tiny Talk Tuesday.




Oh, and another place we go to is Starbucks...will be headed there soon to get the giveaway giftcard...you can enter by leaving a comment on my blogoversary post before Friday at midnight.

9 comments:

Rachelle said...

Lily makes me smile =)

Jennifer said...

kids do say the funniest things! :)

my favorite is when T asked me if God drinks margaritas!

Sara@iSass said...

My kids 5 and 3 argue over the cars. There's a Toyota!" "There's a Baby bug car."
Isaw a yellow one. NO it was red!
That is why there is the rule of no talking while Mommy is driving or I will pull over and you will sit strapped in your carseats UNTIL. True story.

Jackie said...

Knock-off restaurants...ha! You know what is going to make me so sad....it's when these little girls stop talking "toddler" and start speaking like little grownups. I'm doing to miss that so much.

Growin' With It said...

sara's comment sounds all too familiar. i'm becoming a "slug bug" game hater. and my 2 YOUNG boys know waaaay too much about cars already. it's hard being out-numbered around here. but i love the "tiny talk" idea. and your cutie sure knows her stuff about fun places to eat!

No Chub Club said...

Do I have to choose just one? So many instances of "out of the mouths of babes". I just am not ready to answer "How do babies get in your tummy?" when a friend of mine is visiting who happens to be prego. Aye eye aye...what is she, 3 or 15??!!

Jamie said...

So cute! I miss those sweet little toddler sayings.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOL! This cracked me up. I wonder where my kids would claim we always go...probably Panera for cinnamon chip scones.

Happy TTT! Loved it!

Jennifer said...

Okay, T said this tonight and it was so funny I immediately thought of your blog and thought I should post a comment again.

We were shopping at WalMart and an employee came over the loud speaker and said something I didn't even pay attention to. T looked at me wide-eyed and said, "What was that? Was that God?" And he was totally serious. When I explained to him what it was, he said, "Well I can't see them just like I can't see God!"

Too funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails