Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm glad my camera is always nearby

I walked into Jade's room late last night. I tend to do this around 11PM or so just to check on her, say a quick prayer over her, and see if she has any appendages that need covering.

We keep it pretty chilly around here, so I was shocked to see her little legs completely exposed.

I was having trouble not allowing myself to reach out and pinch a bite off of her thighs. I just love baby blubber. All that chub and not one ounce of cellulite. I'm thinking she was switched at birth.

I was concerned that pinching those ham hocks, as Mommy Esquire would say, might wake her. So I did the only other reasonable thing and got out the flash camera. Two quick flashes later and she was still sawing logs.


I think the craziest thing about this picture is the fact that she is wearing Lily's PJs from just last summer. At which point Lily could run, hop, skip, jump, etc...she was almost three. At this point Jade doesn't even pull herself up. Stay tuned for some video of her funny crawling style.

**************************
I'm not sure what Lily was trying to accomplish, but this is the ensemble she insisted on wearing to summer camp today.

Yikes. Kudos on the light up Ariel shirt. It goes nicely with the water theme they are doing this week. She must have heard me talking about the cowgirl week they'll be doing later in the summer and wanted to get a head start.

Its possible she sensed that a couple of pictures had been taken of Jade overnight and didn't want me inching any closer to evening out those stats. Not like Jade is even close, much less gaining on her, but she came up with a crazy outfit for the camera just in case.

You've got to hand it to her though. It was quite a feat getting those socks pulled up that high and those boots on with only one working arm. Envisioning the final result, you know I wasn't lending a hand.

11 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

Nothing in the world sweeter!!! Didn't I quote Paula Deen once? ... "Y'all....I could just suck the skin right off."

My2Gs said...

I love that you go in her room and pray over her!!!
~ Lacie

Rachelle said...

Love, Love, Love the Chub!!!!

Michelle said...

I LOVE sleeping pictures - they are my favorite! Jade looks like a little angel. And big sis is very creative.

Unknown said...

I stopped reading midway through your post to get Rachel some juice and she noticed the pic of Lily's get-up. I could almost hear her saying, "Love IT!"

rk said...

So sweet! Glad I found you (via Whittaker Woman). Great blog.

If you have a moment to stop by my blog I just posted a sweet story CNN did on our friends who just returned from China:
http://sharingnotes.blogspot.com/2008/06/some-of-you-have-been-following-our.html

Blessings,
Roxanne Kristina
www.sharingnotes.blogspot.com

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've really enjoyed visiting here - your girls are adorable, cast, chubby thighs and all! I loved the wet cast story and your tater invites are great!

Alana said...

Oh, I miss the baby "squish". Anytime I get my hands on a baby, that is the first thing I do...squish them ;-) Gently, of course.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet comment and I'm so excited that you want to add me to your blogroll! I seriously think you're the first to do so. You made my day :)
I need to update mine and yours will be there!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm a baby chub lover too! :) Your girls are beautiful!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Oh, I too am a huge fan of the baby fat! Your girls are so cute. I think Caroline and Lily would get along great - they could share some corn-on-the-cob!

Related Posts with Thumbnails