Monday, February 4, 2008

Texas Winter Playdates



Lily had her little friend Mia over today for a playdate. Mia has been quite the buddy...she and Lily are just 4 days apart and alike in so many ways! They cannot get enough of princesses and they both talk non-stop in pretty loud voices! Lily has met her match in Mia!

As they were playing in the backyard, I was feeding Jade and enjoying the warm weather...81 degrees today in the metroplex...on February 4th...81 degrees!! I started to think of her last playdate...just two weeks ago when I think the high was just 40 or maybe 50 degrees! It's funny how Texas winter playdate pictures can contrast each other so much! Two weeks ago I had Emma and Lily all bundled up and today the girls were barefoot!

There is another little buddy in the cul-de-sac...also named Emma...who is just 3 months younger than Lily. Funny that Lily has two friends named Emma and two friends named Sophie!!! I won't even tell you how many of them share the same middle name...GRACE!! I think I've lost track! Anyway...here are some pictures from Emma's birthday party the first weekend in January...you can see I had Lily dressed way too warm and later she changed clothes. TEXAS weather!!
I am so thankful for Lily to have such precious friends at this fun young age. And to think that two of them are just a stone's throw from our house! And what is even more amazing is that they come from strong Christian families who are such an encouragement to us!

2 comments:

Tricia Hoffmann said...

Cute Cute Cute!

Michelle said...

So cute. Looks like you guys are enjoying the weather! It sure helps to have warm weather when you have little one's, huh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails