1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
Cursive---it is so much faster!
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
I think I'm a realist, but my hubby would say I'm a dreamer.
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen?
The Sixth Sense comes to mind, but I'm sure there are far worse ones.
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
When our pediatrician told us we needed to take 3 day old Jade back to the children's hospital to undergo testing. I have never cried tears like that before or since.
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
I pride myself on being a good speller...runner-up in the 5th grade spelling bee... ;) so if there is a word that trips me up I work on getting it right. All that being said, you'll know that I was absolutely mortified to realize that I had misspelled "pavilion" on all of Lily's Circus party invitations. Who knew it only had one "l", not two? Not me apparently.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?
Singing. Good thing my kids don't care!
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
A little bit of both...but if I'm going to get recharged around people, they have to be adult people.
9. Have you ever been on TV?
Yes, twice that I can think of.
I was interviewed as a new teacher in Dallas and had a brief clip of me shown teaching on the local NBC 5 o'clock news.
And then the typical NYC trip...Jerry and I had a brief clip of us shown with Al Roker on the Today Show...the sign we were holding said, "The Big Apple has stolen our Lone Star hearts." So cheesy.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie?
Definitely apple...the only things I like related to pumpkins are roasted pumpkin seeds and Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
Zero. I subscribed to Cooking Light, Parents, and Cookie each for a couple of years...I'm back logged with so many unread issues that I'll never need to subscribe again. Its just the same stuff over and over again.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
That I am a much nicer person when I go to bed before midnight. Didn't happen last night...grrr!
13. What is your biggest pet peeve?!? When Blogger messes up the spacing on my posts!!!
To see more Random Dozens, visit 2nd Cup of Coffee.