Thursday, January 14, 2010

In case I disappear...

don't assume it is because I'm buried under boxes.

Although we do close tomorrow on both the sale of this home and the purchase of our new one, we won't be moving until late next week.

After walking into my office, I'm scared that I may go missing for a different reason.

This is what my boss just hung above my desk:


I am not even kidding. Had I known it was going to happen I surely would have brought my good camera for the full effect. The cell phone pic will have to suffice.

I'm actually less scared of it eating me than I am of it falling on me.

Did I mention my boss is a hunter? Yup. As if the eyes of the two bucks, turkey and other minor animals on surrounding walls weren't enough on me. Now a mountain lion prowls behind me. Dear Lord.

It is secured with one bolt. Into a stud, of course, he assures me. Then laughs at the odds of it falling during the two days I work up there. I went ahead and paid up our worker's comp policy after that.

The funniest thing was when I called it a bobcat. Sincerely. I just don't know these things...but apparently bobcats are much smaller than mountain lions.

So far, the kitten still hangs. But believe me, there will be pictures when it falls.

Hopefully not on me.

10 comments:

R said...

LOL! that's my husband's dream office! but i feel your pain.

Rachelle said...

Happy closing tomorrow!

Yes, I'm still up. Phil just got home and I wanted to see his face.

I think I would be bringing a few more bolts in to work next week.... Scary!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

Oh dear, I would be scared too!

THE ZELLERS said...

That is scary looking! I'll be praying for your safety at work. :)

Christina said...

that is hilarious!
congrats on being able to buy and sell on the same day. that rocks!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I think I'd be wearing a hard hat from now if I were you :)

H-Mama said...

Oh. my. lands. Are you serious? I second Amy. Hard hats from now on. ;)

R Alexander said...

We have a bobcat hanging in our home along with 9, yes 9 deer heads, one turkey feather, 2 pheasants, 2 ring tail cats and a red fox.
We saw mountain lion tracks last week when we went to my cousins place in Glen Rose deer hunting, so David now wants one like that too. At least we don't have an elk yet.
People like to come to our house to see the animals, they say it is like a museum! LOL.

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Too funny...just think...You'll always have someone/something to talk to...hehe!
Good luck on the move too...I'll be thinking about ya!

Hanley Family said...

Hope closing went well! On both houses? Wow! We're not actually closing yet...the buyers just finally signed a contract.

Related Posts with Thumbnails