Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dell, you are swell.

Just to give you an idea of how overwhelming life has been these past few weeks, (more to come on why, later), this gorgeous new baby of mine sat in her box completely ignored for almost a week.

I am so in love with my new laptop. She is so shiny that I just hate getting my fingerprints on her. Which is why I had to steal a fingerprint-free photo from Dell's website.

I had made it clear to Jerry that this was going to be mine. I knew he had taken me seriously when he made me do all the setup. Looking for new drivers and updates? Huh? Hopefully I did everything I was supposed to.

Oh, how I've missed having a laptop. When mine crashed a couple of years ago, my mom was kind enough to let us have her old desktop. I can't believe that dinosaur lasted as long as it did. I may have had to euthanize it if it had held on much longer.

I feel my bloggy desire coming back, so watch out. And I'm sure this is going to do wonders for our marriage. Does surfing the web side by side on the couch for hours each night count as quality time?

10 comments:

My2Gs said...

I love MY new laptop. I would love it even more if my hubby would have let me order it in Hot Pink :)

H-Mama said...

Yay for you! We love our Dells too! Mine is red. :)

We like Macs too, but I can't invest in them because my girls need PC's for school.

Enjoy your new toy!

AmyB said...

Jeremy doesn't think that counts. If my attention is focused on the laptop, sitting all snugly does not count.

Laura said...

Yes! Surfing side by side is considered quality time...especially if the TV is on a show that your man likes and he gets the recliner! We do it every night!

Rachelle said...

Yee Haw for the new Dell! New computers are so fun! Make sure you put that computer away a few hours every night.... I vote no for the quality time....

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! And I don't think there is anything wrong with dual laptopping!

THE ZELLERS said...

Sure it counts! :) Have fun!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new laptop! I guess that's how you were online at the carwash, huh? So fun! So do you and Jerry IM while you are sitting on the couch?

Rachelle said...

Hope you did not take my comment wrong... I have to tell Phil all the time computer or music instrument in hand, next to me on the couch does not = Rachelle time. I like Michelle's idea to IM on the couch! Sounds like you have a big weekend coming up... let's try to catch up next week!

Jackie said...

Kerry, I have been so out of the loop, and feeling waaaay overwhelmed myself, so I can relate a little to how you're feeling. Hope everything is ok - can't wait to get caught up with you!

And I'm drooling over you new Dell baby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails