Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break Break

We just endured four straight days of rain. Cold rain at that. But finally yesterday the sun shone through and it began to warm up again. I just love it when it has been yucky all week and then on the Lord's day it is beautiful. Just love it.

This week is Spring Break. I don't really know what that means as a mom of preschoolers, except that everything is much busier this week.

I do know that Jerry is off this week and I am so thankful for a forecast of high 70s and low 80s with no rain predicted.

We don't have any travel plans and are hoping just to get a few things crossed off the ever growing "to do" list and enjoy our girls. They have been so stinkin' sweet lately. I am really starting to love these ages/stages.

We plan on tackling some yard work, planting flowers, hosting a little St. Patty's Day shin dig, trying some new classes at the gym, hitting a zoo or two, helping my mom move, and catching up with friends and family.

Notice what isn't on that list? You guessed it...blogging. I'd love to sit here and just post away, but I feel so much more adventurous with an extra set of hands and some warm weather...and don't plan to be indoors much.

Here are some pictures of what we've accomplished so far...

a little stroll at a local botanical garden...


swimming at the club's indoor leisure pool (my girls are going to be so sick of matching clothes by summer's end...but this is the last year of them both being is Ts...Lily 5T and Jade 2-3T...so I'm taking advantage)...


a birthday celebration with old friends...


Happy Birthday, Dori...and Happy St. Patty's Day to the rest of you....don't let yourself get pinched.

P.S. I've still been stopping by many of your blogs, but have gotten very lazy on commenting. It seems I just haven't had much to say lately...neither here nor there...shocking, I know. I'm sure I'll snap out of it soon...it's my nature. I was told that recently a family member described my 4 year old as someone who, "talks non-stop...just like her momma"! I wasn't quite sure how to take that, but rest assured I'll be back soon...apparently it is a genetic trait.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Pat's Day to you too. The pictures are great. And I would dress them alike too. :)

Michelle said...

Enjoy your week! I know you'll have a fabulous week with Jerry and the girls.
Hopefully I'll see you next week :).

The Raggedy Girl said...

Blogging without Borders, very important that blogging is fun and enjoyable and never is put on a To Do List. Enjoy your girls.

Happy St. Patrick's Day
from Raggedy Girl/Roberta Anne

Jackie said...

Oh, a week with your hubby home, AND with good weather - you can't beat that. Spend every second you can outside!

That picture of you and the girls is so sweet. All three of you are SO photogenic!

And I am eve more convinced than ever that we'd get along just fine in real life - you are a talker, I am not, so that would be perfect. :)

Unknown said...

I'm ready for a trip to the zoo too. Like when I can walk without carrying around these extra baby pounds wearing me out.

You look very fit! Good job at the gym :)

Jamie said...

Have a wonderful Spring Break week! Hope you get lots done and enjoy time with your family.

Jane Anne said...

I hope you are having a wonderful Spring Break! It seems like Spring Break for me is just going to be a little more work than normal (with less activies and my oldest home from school). It's wonderful that your hubby is home. Enjoy your last 2 days!

Growin' With It said...

ahh the matching clothes phase...it's scary when they get older and WANT to do it themselves! happy spring break.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I hope you all have a fabulous week and it is truly spring like. It's spring here and I love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails